Saturday 22 November 2014

Oriental cabinet

Introducing the new Tonic Studios Verona unit. I've chosen to create an oriental cabinet out of mine, but they are so versatile and can be decorated any way you like. I have used authentic screen printed Japanese papers for the front of the small drawers, and the fern paper I made by creating a stencil from Tonic dies.
I have used Tonic's 2 part crackle glaze on top of the stencilling to give a lovely effect.The cracks have been highlighted with Tonic's gilding wax.
As you can see, I added a few hidden surprises. Little decoupaged butterflies inside the drawers. The smaller drawers were lined with more Japanese paper.

The little tassel handles I made from cotton yarn, and threaded them through Oriental coin embellishments. The fans on the side and top have been cut with Tonic dies, the rococo on the side and the Indulgence soiree ornate fan on the top piece.

So as I say, so many ways you can decorate these!

Have a lovely day
Doda
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.