Friday, 27 March 2015

Glittered drawer unit


I really went to town with the glitter on this Tonic Studios Verona unit and completely covered pretty much all of it with Tonic Studios Charcoal and Silver glitter. I can tell you , there was glitter everywhere for days ! I'm still finding bits actually !


It was hard to get a picture that showed off the sparkle properly. But you get the idea.


This would make a very glamorous jewellery drawer unit. (The little crystal handles came from Ebay, all the way from China. ) I know a little girl who'd love a pink glittery one...that is if I can ever face doing that much glittering again. I'm sure it's just like  having a baby, I'll soon forget the pain of it's birth!

Have a shiny day


Thursday, 26 March 2015

Bits, Bobs and Buttons

This is Tonic Studios Tivoli unit that I decorated to make a little button storage unit. It should be on Create and Craft TV today.  I created the little button handles myself.
I used my new best friend (I know, I really should get out more )Beacon  Fabric Tac glue. It's really strong, and not just good for fabric as I have discovered. I always save the two little reels that come inside dental floss...and as you can see I had 24 of them. I glued these to the back of the buttons and left them overnight to cure properly.
I then inserted little brass screws into all the drawers...this is a kind of backwards way to do it, but it worked. The screws were a touch long, so I made up the space at the back of the drawer front using little eyelets.
I then filled in the cavity in the reel with hot glue and pressed it into place on my drawer front, holding it until it was set. The screw is then embedded into the hot glue and so it gives it a firm grip on the drawer. It worked a treat. This would be an ideal unit for sorting out all your pretty buttons.
There are so many other ways you can make up these units too. 
Wherever your imagination takes you! 



Monday, 9 March 2015

A couple of things

Here are a couple of coordinating cards I made for my delightful twin nieces. I've used my homemade glitter card for the butterfly and dragonfly diecuts. I am particularly fornd of that dragonfly die...isn't it gorgeous.
And I've used one of Tonic Studios transfers onto a candle glass to give what was a plain candle much more style.

In other news...I finally have a contract for our house build in my hands...now we just need to sign it...and pay the deposit! Ouch!

Have a lovely day




Monday, 2 March 2015

Is this card Gold and White or blue and black?


Of course it is gold and white...I'm just messing with you. I can't believe how much palava there was over the colour of a photograph of a dress, can you ?  This card has been inspired by the dress. It uses one of the dies from the Celtic Dream collectables die set by Tonic Studios which has only just been released.

Hope you are having a good day..whatever colour your dress is!


Sunday, 1 March 2015

Art Deco and Art Nouveau

Here are a couple of cards that show a little part of Tonic Studios new die sets. There are three sets in the collection which are called Collectables. This card features a couple of the dies from the Art Deco set - they are lovely dies. 

This card features a couple of the Art Nouveau die cuts. I'll show you some of the Celtic Dream range in another post. 

Hope you're having a good weekend. 
Catch you later



Thursday, 26 February 2015

More bits and bobs!

Hello. I hope you are having a good day. I have a card and a brooch to show you today. I've used one of Tonic's dies to cut out the flowers for this hydrangea floret...what do you think?

My mum loves hydrangeas...as do I....talking of which..I cannot wait for our new house to get built so we can start planting up the garden.

My other make today is this paper, glitter and resin brooch...also made with Tonic's flower dies. I layered about 8 layers of card and glue to make this. The top glitter layer has been cut from home-made glitter card. I used the daisy die to cut out the centre of the pink flower, then cut a daisy from gold and dropped it into the space. That way it is inlaid into the design. I made the dragonfly box in a previous post in a similar way...except I had to save all the tiny black bits I had cut out from the wings and glue them in...it was a lot more fiddly.

I always like to back my paper brooches with felt to hid the glued on brooch pin and give a more professional finish. The die cut through felt no bother at all....so , a felt flower brooch will be coming up soon too I think.
Have a great day.


Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Bits and bobs


Hi there, I'm just dropping by to show you a couple of  things today. First one is this delicate card that appears to have no visible means of support. I used acetate on the back so that I could retain the delicate appearance of this die cut. Such a delicate pretty die this one.


OK, so there is not much room for a long message, but enough room for a few kind words.

I made these little wooden drawer pulls for a project and then decided they were too big for the project in mind. However,  I am sure they will get used sometime in the future. But it has made we want to experiment some more making my own decorative pulls for drawers, so you may see more in the future.


Time flies...must dash. My little girl will be crashing through the door any minute looking for her lunch.
Have a lovely day